Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Respect Ya Hustle...Baby, Win With Us

I. Reflection


As of 3 minutes ago I have, officially, finished this semester of grad school.


(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)



I am glowing. I am proud. I am grateful. I am grateful for having what I've needed in order to be able to do it. For the support that I have received. For every part, person and privilege that has gotten me here.  I don't take it lightly that I am here.

I don't fuck around.

This has been fifteen weeks of discipline and stretching; of learning and collaboration (in school and, in many ways more importantly, outside of it).

You have been a part of this.

Thank you for that.

From the very bottom of my heart and from my spine now crooked from giving up on positions to lay in while reading.

I love you.



k.


P.S ! !  I look forward to seeing all of you this Friday night to celebrate, and to celebrate the beautiful and tattooed hands of my queer fam's wins.


(Title: Yo Gotti lyric from Rake It Up. Full lyric = "Respect ya hustle, get ya money, baby win with us")
(Image: You know who it is. The one and only. It is also a perfect depiction of my mood right now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment