Sunday, September 16, 2018

The Scent of Cinnamon Laced Into My Brastraps


What being in school has taught me is the power of focus.

If I focus, full force, on reading, writing, studying then, when I am done, I get to focus, full force, on enjoyment. Of food. Of my body. Of music. Of flirtation. Of everything.  I love it.

I finished the little-but-strict 5 page research paper that was supposed to be tonight at midnight by 1:40pm today.  Which means I've gotten to

enjoy
every
bit
of
everything.

Even though I have a bit of a cold, I am still looking forward to Indian food and a movie (for class, yes, but it's just a regular movie!) and the smell of a fire and blankets and good company and warm tea because, well, I still have a bit of a cold.

It has been a very good week.

Next week will be as well.

I hope everyone is doing well out there.   My absolutely favorite season of the year is beginning, and I could not be happier about it and the delicious aspects of my senses that it involves.

Let it be known, without humor or sarcasm, that if you ever want to get in my good graces, one avenue is to bring me the largest caramel-covered apple with nuts that you can find.



Be well; be loved,

k.

(Image: Tokyo, 1978, Daido Moriyama)

No comments:

Post a Comment