Wednesday, September 19, 2018

On Knowing Your Worth Under Fire: The Beauty of Family (Chosen and Otherwise)


This week has been a mixed bag, but my loved ones are solid and that makes all of the difference.

For the trash bag:

1) Headache from hell earlier this week.

2) Received lash out #56239 from an ex I set a boundary with long ago. This time, it was a spit towards me and my father who, as many of you know, is currently in the ICU.

It's such ugly behavior.

I am glad I set the boundary back when I did, and continue to feel solid in having done so.


(interlude)

Dear You,

When, long ago,  I said "You can't talk to people that way" in response to too many stories where you went for the jugular with people you love, it was for a reason that included me. And that is why there is no chance I would ever talk to you in the contexts you propose.  I'm simply worth more than your cheap shots and the trash talk you seem unable to control at this moment in your life.

You continue to contact me from time to time with lash outs of demand/upset of why I have set and keep the boundaries that I have set and kept.

You cross the boundary to take sad shots and toss insults at me, never truly seeing that these actions of yours are the exact reason and necessity that the boundary exist in the first place.

As I have already said: The no is absolute.

Love,

Me

(interlude fades)

Highlights of this week include but are not limited to:


1) My niece, who is fucking hilarious and I can not get over our tag teaming on family matters. She keeps me laughing my ass off and we have each other through this in such specific and hysterical ways.

2) J and I ransacking the tea store: Fall is upon us.

3) Great readings this week.

4) My brother who I am excited to see again.  I'm into where all of this is going.

 5) Absolutely every living, breathing and burning part of the beginning of fall.




be well; be loved,

k.

(image: nicolas ripoll juan manuel arancibia via yvonne constance tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment