Monday, September 3, 2018

Walk With Me



Today was spent recovering and relaxing.  Good food, good film, good writing, a long hot bath, clean laundry, good coffee, closely shaved legs and oil upon them just out of the shower.

One moment from this weekend I keep thinking about was when D and I (D is the older gay bear who my mentor of sorts) were talking about relationships and about people we have been making out with as of late. He was in the middle of talking about this one guy he was considering and the exchange went like this:

D: ...there's this Cher song.  You're probably way too young to know this song because even when Cher sung it, it was a cover of an even older song.  Anyway, the song says "It's in his kiss"...

K (interrupts and starts singing the song)

D (looking completely confused):  How do you know that song?

K:  Are you kidding me? Do not Cher-splain to me. I'm fucking gay and it's fucking CHER.

In any case, after we finished laughing and singing the song, we got back into the conversation. He went on to say basically what the song says. You can tell how a person feels about you, and how you feel about the person, in their kiss.  Of course, I hated this topic because I immediately went directly past the tentative kisses that have happened to go back to thinking about really deep kisses that I've loved with a person I have genuine feelings for.  It's just no contest. It's knees weak, body attentive, fingers alive.

On that note, I'm going to send myself to bed. I have an enjoyable and early morning tomorrow.  I look forward to flinging myself out of bed.

Be well, be loved,

k.

P.S. Here's that song. Shoop Shoop Song

(image: Button To Secret Passage, 1938, Helen Levitt via secretcinema1 tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment