Sunday, August 26, 2018

Reflecting Skin, or, What is it That You See When Your Eyes Rest Upon Me?



Tonight is the night.  The full moon and rituals associated with what you want to keep, covet, protect - and what you want to sever ties with.

Candles and incense and truth within the heart.

If you don't lie, there is nothing you have to remember.

Some strings are the easiest to keep tied tightly, and some are the easiest to sever.

Some strings are more difficult to keep tied tightly, but there is too much truth and family within the connection for it to be one that hits a cutting room floor.

(pause)

I had a conversation with someone last night and face to face that has been about eight months in the making.

I am ready to let it go.

I may love wearing silver with abandon,

but I will not wear your mirrors.




From within a circle of candles and a pool of smoke,


k.
(title: The name of a weird vampire film I was obsessed with, for years.)
(image: I have used this image before, but, how can I not? It is a self portrait by Egon Schiele as St. Sebastian)

No comments:

Post a Comment