Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Flammable Foldings




I.

It feels incredible to be protected in a way that still supports my agency. It is such a rare combination. I am not used to it, but intend to enjoy every single moment of it. I am incredibly grateful for it. I am equally fascinated by it. It makes me want to do, and be, better.

II.

Today was spent at a history-related museum with a very close friend of a very close friend and, of course, I think she is wonderful.  I interviewed her for/about an upcoming art performance she will be doing here in the winter time having to do with API folks who grew up, more or less, in their parents' restaurants (the project is called, aptly, Restaurant Babies). She gets/understands/lives Spoon Theory (Christine Miserandino), so we could just cut through so much important shit super quickly.  It's been a while since I've found myself, on a weekday, laying in the grass of a central park and talking about life with someone so candidly that I haven't known for very long, but who I've heard about for years.

III.

Some of the things I have thought about today (a list):

Approaching anniversaries. Of both celebratory moments, and of the marking of losses and deaths including but not limited to a best friend's birthday and the death of a good friend two years ago now.

How much I love it when someone curates and sends the music I fall asleep to at night.

The amount of power one  holds when they are the only person in the room that knows all of the languages being used.

How thankful I am to have once met and dated an inspiringly organized good person who was never a liar.

The way that everything is unfolding as of late.

The way my heart feels right now.

The way shyness, sometimes, still gets the best of me.




be loved, be well,

K.


(image: David Prifti via inneroptics tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment