Tuesday, July 10, 2018

(The Good Kind of) Unstoppable Force


I was up early today, got dressed and ready for the all day job I would have and felt nervous about, then received an email that it was cancelled. I'm grateful for being able to, instead, be paid to FaceTime with a friend, take off all of my work clothes and get into just an oversized t-shirt for bit, and eat bagels before getting dressed again and heading out.

I keep thinking about how one's life can change in the course of a few weeks.

I'm experiencing that fairly profoundly right now.

Everything in its right place, indeed.

Things feel good and the doors that I have discovered and passed through, even better.


(pause)

Last night involved a conversation about Tanizaki, Dazai, Bataille, and Murakami. It was exactly what was needed.  It also involved the utterance of the perhaps accidentally profound declaration:  

"I've learned to keep things decent."






Be well; be loved,

k.

(photo: Thomas van der Zaag via untrustyou tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment