Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Plot Points


Today was spent hanging out with A, who I do not see often and whom I absolutely love.  He's someone that I feel so fortunate to have as someone in my life. It kind of blows my mind how he can orchestrate so many things on such large levels and still have the attention to detail and quick mindedness to know what matters and is important to the people he claims as friends. (Here, I am thinking of him a number of months ago offering his email to an asshole in a position of power that was assuming/wanting mine.) It's been a good bulk of chapters that we have written by now and, somehow, I always feel like we are just getting to the best part. I suppose that's true of all of my closest people.

There are so many things I've learned from and laughed at with him.  Here is to those that are the rough edges of back home mixed with creating, being and sharing the love, support and gentleness we have always wanted.

I love that when we hang out, I think of our conversations for days and weeks to come.  It's always such good content to let simmer and grow.  It will also always be hilarious to add on to a list of "If I am found dead in this situation (insert situation here), I want you to know what really happened" ongoing list.

(pause)

This past weekend was exactly what I needed.  It does feel indulgent to be out of town all weekend and then take a day off  like today to hang out with one of my favorite people, but, that is why I do the work I do:

So that I can do exactly this.

(pause)

I am both nervous and excited about tomorrow. I am overthinking superfluous details while simultaneously overlooking main content. Such is the nature of things that quicken the pulse and excite the brain.

Either way:


Here's to it.





be well; be loved,

k.

(image via witchesxsabbath tumblr. Original source unknown)



No comments:

Post a Comment