Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I am Sitting in a Tin Can, Far Above the World

Throughout the years, people have always told me that I am weird. That I am very androgynous. That I am out of step with the world. Outside of the world. Multi-gendered. Beautiful minded. That I am strange.

David Bowie is one of the people in his dress, writing, gender expressions, fashion, physical appearance, and way of living that made things easier for me.

For a lot of people.

I'm thinking about all of those people today.

He impacted so many people on so many levels.  Music. Fashion. Art. Gender. Weirdo-ness. Sexuality.  All of it.

It makes sense that everyone from the music nerd to the trans painter are having meltdowns and lighting candles.

Zeb was talking with me recently about how art is not what an artist produces. The painting, the song, the photograph. The actual art is the very person that creates it.

Even in the days leading up to Bowie's death and these days after there are messages surfacing from him that let us know that this was a last installment of this art piece that has been his life. That has been him.

Thank you for making me feel less alone, and for giving me something to aspire to and feel seen in.  In your makeup, your androgyny, your waif-ness, your endless imagination, your suits, and the endless and entirely created galaxies within those unforgettable eyes of yours.

The stars look very different today, indeed.

All of my love, and all of my gratitude across the universe tonight.


k.

(title: Lyric from Space Oddity)

No comments:

Post a Comment