Thursday, November 22, 2018

The Beauty of Transfusions, or, An Angel Among Us

One of my favorite things in the world is to wake up with people I love in cities other than the one I live in. Then, to drink coffee with them while still in my pajamas.  Today I have succeeded in both of these things but, in addition, there is an adorable dog sniffing at the toes of my socks and the smell of spices in the air.

I am into life as of late.

Two nights ago I went to the Dark Arts Castle. It was so great to be in A's space with her and to see that nothing has changed: We both still have the same obsessive aesthetic of filth and style and darkness. She gave me a miniature book of Beardsley's art. Between my love of his art, his nose, and of tiny things: She knows me.

In other news: I'm trying to get my 60 some year old professor to be friends with me.  I can tell he has so many viewpoints I need to learn from, and so much experiential knowledge in what has ignited me.  I don't think I'll ever be able to express how grateful I am for randomly ending up in his, exact class. It has, without question, changed my life by giving me tools and information on a topic that has been vital, vulnerable and important to me my whole life.

Glory be, as they say.

May healing and time open you to a love that is beyond anything you could have ever possibly imagined. 

A love in which your belief

undoes your disbelief.


Be well; be loved,

k.



P.S. Shout out to Zebbie who knows just when to descend upon my life with his hilarity and philosophies. I love you, weirdo.


(Image: EXSANGUE/Yannis Angel via appendixes tumblr)
(Last sentence: your belief undoes your disbelief is a line from a favorite Anne Sexton poem about love that always sticks with me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment