Friday, November 9, 2018

Falling Backwards into a Pool Full of Feathers


Roughly 10am. My fingers are cold. I'm sitting alone at the end of one of those long, wood, communal tables that some of the hipper cafes, bars and restaurants tend to have.

I had a dream about you two nights ago.

You were on a date in a restaurant and you looked beautiful. I walked up to the table and greeted your date, placed my hand at the top of your sternum and started to rub and pat your chest.  I looked at your date and said, "This one has one of the most beautiful and genuine hearts in the world." There was a pause. I smiled warmly at her and said "congratulations", and meant it. I took my hand off of your chest, and left without looking at you: What I wanted to remember was the feeling of your chest underneath my hand.


be well; be loved,

k.

One taught me love; One taught me patience: This song instantly stuck to my brain.

(Image: Steven F. Arnold, Sea of Transition)

No comments:

Post a Comment