Monday, November 19, 2018

Domestic Partnering, or, Before Your Eyes Change Their Color for the Last and Final Time

My pants are spattered with slate grey paint.  There is some on my rings and fingernails, as well.  Tonight was apartment painting with a friend of mine. It's one of those weird things I enjoy immensely. I find it meditative, somehow. It makes my body ache in a way I love. You can also learn a lot about a person from how they paint a room with you. Tonight was no exception.

The mattress upgrade I have been experiencing as of late is basically changing my life. Who knew that such things could impact you so much? I swear to God I am sleeping so soundly. (A sweet thank you to A. who pointed me in the right direction years ago with that weird egg carton foam thing that was on my bed for years until I finally got rid of it last week.)

I feel really thankful as of late.  It has nothing to do with the season. It has to do with the people I've loved, the relationships that we have built, and what they have carried and continue to carry (each of us at different times). There are times that I feel overwhelmed at how much love there is in my life. It can be so incredible to feel the weight and expanse of it at times. It can feel completely sublime.

It's always beautiful to see the people who have been in my life for many seasons greet the people who are just being welcomed into the fold. Somehow, we/I always know who it is important to hold onto for good, no matter how far away they might be.


be well; be loved,

k.

(title: includes needed redundancy)
(image: YSL at Dior's funeral via yvonneconstance tumblr)










No comments:

Post a Comment