Monday, June 11, 2018

Pendings: A List


News comes today.
Breathe.
When someone who loves you never asks you about your art.
It was nice to get flowers.
The people who are worth it are the ones who show up when you need them to.
This week.
He has something for me and he hopes that I like it.
Sweet boy.
Life moves on.
Consistency will always win with me.
Death.
Airline tickets.
It's hard to have the family I do in moments like these.
Oakland.
Hold me until I can't cry or breathe anymore.
I met you on the fourth floor of that famous old building when I first moved here.
Diagnosis or results; birthday; job interview: in that order.
When you love someone: Engage.  It is not just suicide prevention. It is something even larger.
Tender hearts, always.
Growth.
There are some people that will always go to anger. I am so thankful I am not one of them.
There is so much change and growth that can happen within one year. Thank you, J.
When you love someone enough to make sure everything is okay. 
Seeing people helping other people out.
Tenderness.
Tenderness.
Tenderness.
Open.
Vulnerable.
Anger. Beauty. Emotion.
Put your hand on my back. Leave it there for an eternity.
Honesty.
To the people who are bigger than the moment they find themselves in.
It's not about the substance use. It's about the instant disappearance of the person.
You are more lovable than what they taught you.
Boundaries are not rejection.
It is too sad for me to think of all your lonely dinners.
The music outside of my window at night.
Purity of heart vs selfish hearts
Just close your damn eyes and jump into the belief that you are loved.
When fear is better than being afraid. 
The two of us walking in the rain.
Take care of each other.
Wish fulfillment (the thing and the Sonic Youth song).
Going within.




May you never feel you have to coax the love out of anyone who claims to love you. You should be showered with  love in little and and big ways, everyday.



be well; be loved,

k.

(image: Human heart showing vessels at the Mütter Museum, Philadelphia Photo credit:  by Robert Clark via malformalady tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment