Monday, April 16, 2018

Twin Tailors and the Art of Being Kept Without Leashes

[Tonight's phone date cracked me up.

There's been a lot of joy to absorb lately.

Sometimes, it comes in the form of long distance phone calls.]


Let me tell you about Geminis.

We are fiercely loyal, committed and true.

It's a preference of ours.

And it's not that only if and once those commitments are officially over that we can be dirty, filthy queers.

It's that we are both at the same time.

That, too, is a preference of ours.

Things get mistaken, however. People assume that our filthiness contradicts our loyalty.

Recently, a lover pointed out this seeming contradiction.

We were talking about sex. How connection and honesty is important, how the slow burn is usually the way I go.  And then, mid-romance trope, she interrupted and was like (I'm paraphrasing, here), "Um...yeah, but you also will fuck dudes in the ass that you don't even know/have some big connection to...".

And I had to laugh.

She was absolutely right.

We Geminis tend to have such a seemingly contradicting nature.

But it's all true.

We do run wild.

It is less about promiscuity (we aren't) or even about sex (it's not). It's about living two lives worth of life.

Enter the Gemini:

We get bad reputations.

We also cause them.

We aren't liars.

We just have multiplicity of desire and fascinations.

This is as true about our brains as it is about our bodies.

They are connected, after all.

***

Earlier this week, some rings that I had ordered a few weeks back finally arrived. They were ordered to replace one of a set of rings I lost.  These are plain black heavy but thin bands.  One for my index finger, and one for my ring finger. I like to think of them, as per usual, as two wedding bands. Instead of them being on separate people, I wear both of them. (Cue Bjork's Isobel , here.) I wrote a bit about my feelings on marriage here back in 2013 .  There are reasons I would consider doing it. It's just that none of them have to do with societal or familial acceptance as much as access.

Nothing is more loving than access.



But when has the state ever truly offered that?




Be well; be loved;

k.


P.S. One thing I am celebrating lately is that I can *finally*, officially and certainly state that I am back to 500% normal, health-wise. Holy hell. I should have realized something was off just based on when I completely stopped writing (back in November).  That in itself should have sent me straight to the doctor.

It has been a long, long, long ass journey.

I feel like kissing the ground, the air, and the hands of everyone around me in being thankful.

Instead, I will just fully enjoy every aspect of the synthesis of my body and brain. I just can't wait, and can't believe how much has has been completed and has been felt in just the past few days, alone.


[photo: Alicia Burke for Glass Magazine (Spring/Summer 2018) by William Lords (via Shadesofblackness Tumblr)]

No comments:

Post a Comment