Thursday, January 15, 2015

I (Can) Show You Incredible Things

Let's talk some truth.  The candles are lit and the room smells of something between church, and a cabin in the woods forgotten about long ago.

I feel like playing a bit of roulette, tonight.

I've been lucky within my streak of bad luck.

(pause)

Just under twenty four hours ago, I was set free of everything trying to hold me down.  Everything trying to tell me who I was and who I wasn't.

Some of that was me.

I've just managed to shake the last bit of molting from my foot

and keep walking.

(pause)

Magic keeps surfacing.

Books, people, passages, interactions, music, art, and metal rings that are for fingernails, like these (the one in the center. the black. Actually, half the rings on this site.)

I'm enjoying it.

(pause)

Listen, let me tell you something:

When you are faced with something incredible: Believe it.

There are some pretty fucking amazing people in the world.

Don't be so caught up in how you think things should be in the world that you forget to/are too scared to/just don't actually interact with people in the world.

Sure, don't be a dick,

but don't be a perpetual isolationist, either.

There are so many secret passages that emerge in even the most "known" territories.

Keep an eye out for them:

They are there,

in all of their pulse-quickening glory.



be well; be loved

k.


[Highlights from today include: The Crooked Glasses Maybe Works in Tech Guy on my morning commute with his contained-but-bursting smile as he rocked out to the new Taylor Swift on his earphones. Truth be told: I can't blame him. It was loud enough that I got to rock out to it a bit too. Title credit goes to a slightly changed lyric from this song I can't get out of my head, now.]

(image via mode funker tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment