Thursday, January 10, 2019

Witchcraft and Hanging Out on Porches

Life gets weirder and weirder, yet better and better.

Is it strange to have had so many odd (and arguably terrible) things happen at once and walk out with the same glow that is, well, growing?

The excitement of anticipation and knowing is in the air and in my body and it feels incredible.

It's day 227 (shout out to anyone who ever knew, watched and loved that show. I remember once talking to Jodi because I was confused as to why no one who was roughly our peer in age seemed to know it and then she reminded me that we grew up in an area where there was actually black representation on television in both programming and newscasters- unlike the majority of the country. What up Doris Biscoe!) of meditation and next level weird ass mental wizardry.

To the people in my life who I find endlessly lovable:

Be good to yourself, be good to your body, be good to your brain, be good to your heart, be good to your feelings.

IT PAYS OFF.

In every imaginable way, and in a thousand even beyond that.

(Also, be good to your pets.)

[Side note: If you have a cat and it irrationally loves me let me just be honest in saying that your cat is, more than likely, my familiar. People tend to think that shit was left back in Midieval and Early Modern times, but bitch let me be real: It's 2019 and whether I love your cat or if I don't like your cat at all and it stares at me/follows me around like Jodi Foster's stalker, it's because it's helping me out with some bad ass magic. Make no mistake.]

I'm going to leave you with the song that gets stuck in my head if I ever hear it. (I also think it's fucking hilarious to see Bill Bonds' random ass in a boxing gym in the second one.)

I always remember the look on this woman's face haha

Here it is

You gotta love it.  It also subconsciously probably explains why, in my last entry, I just keep talking about standing up for people. Stand up and tell em you're from... bam!

Be well, be loved,


k.

(image: via boxfullofletters tumbler)

No comments:

Post a Comment