Friday, March 18, 2016

Serenity Prayers

The past few days have been very beautiful, indeed.

I've been having the most incredible conversations with a particular person about everything from the poetry of Byron to the specifics of the film The Reflecting Skin (I rarely have met anyone else who has seen it, let alone love it) to words and art and beauty.

It feels nice and recently rare to have conversations with someone comfortable with their level of intelligence. No insecurities to deal with, but also no ego mania.  Just good music, good literature, good humor, good art. (And how thoughtful they are of the people around them.)

A rare and unique find of a person to fold into my life. I look forward to it.

Before I go to bed for tonight, a note to everyone:

You are intelligent. Own it.

Don't be afraid of it, and don't compare it to other people.

Just dive into what you love, and let it come out and around the world around you.


be well; be loved,

k.

p.s. Today was the first day of a new adventure/chapter for me. It was exciting and scary and fun.  Here we go.

p.s.s. A piece of music that has been running through my headphones, today.

(image: Cesare Saccenti Watercolor Ink on Paper 70x50 2014 — with Pablo Varela F and Yousif Abbas via giampixxx tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment