Thursday, March 10, 2016

In Love With Love and Lousy Poetry


There are times, like today, that I actually enjoy writing papers. It's odd, I know. But tonight I am jacked up on maté awaiting the arrival of a favorite person I have not seen in many, many months. She'll only be here for less than 12 hours, but I intend on getting every bit of her brain and laughter and style and amazingness while she is here.  And so...it is a race against time to get this paper done.

(I know. It's counter- intuitive to be writing a blog entry but, for me, it's not.  There are weird ass things percolating in the depths of my brain as I write this.  They need time.  This is it.)

Anyway, I'm into the title I came up with. It's always funny to continue my obsession with coming up with ridiculously lengthy and campy titles to toss into the academic machine. Especially in Spanish.  Although I won't tell the title, here, I will say that the part before the colon I'm especially excited about. It translates to be Punitive Voyeur. I mean, how hot is that? And completely fitting to the essay, itself.  As I said with a friend of mine, recently:

 I will either get an A++, or will end up in prison.

Hopefully both.


Be well; be loved.

It's good to know  you're out there; It's good to know that it's you I'll never forget.


k.
(title is a Weakerthans lyric)
(image: maximeballesteros, again. Thank you, Casey.)

No comments:

Post a Comment