Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I Wanted to Love You Like My Mother's Mother's Mothers Did



I saw you tonight from the bus window. You were walking Southbound on the East side of the street. You looked contemplative. A bit sad. As soon as I saw you, my heart went wild. I pulled the bus chain to get off the bus and ran back towards your direction.  You were gone. Thinking that maybe you went down into the new tunnel, I ran past people to get to the platform. I looked around frantically.  The police men there for this new tunnel duty stiffened and stared at me sternly. I spun around and kept looking. You were nowhere.

Instead, there stood Basil, standing on the platform looking down into his phone.

Full circle.

Beating heart.

Listen to this loud and at night, for me.


be well, be loved.

k

(title: a lyric from the song I've linked, above)

(image: Vicki Ling, Eclipse, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment