Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Intuitive Reeds and the Sound of Nighttime



I've taken to writing in the dark, again. I've taken to walking my bare feet across a freshly swept cool and dark wood floor toward the couch that my friend demanded I get so that people would stop asking me if I "just moved in". [I like largely empty spaces. I like to feel like I live in something that is between an abandoned building and an unnecessary museum.]

I like it when people read to me. I would like to say that it doesn't matter what language they read to me in, but, it does. Per our conversation tonight, I have to say that I agree with A. that the lyricism of a writer's language, and the way it caresses you - no matter where it is going - makes all of the difference in the world. He read me a beautiful story tonight. I was quiet so that he wouldn't stop reading. I love his reading voice. It is my ear upon the underworld with words being woven around me from deep within its cave.



be well, be loved,

k.


This song will give you both nightmares and release. Hence its name, I suppose. Please do.

https://wizardapprentice.bandcamp.com/track/exorcism

(image: amyzyng)

No comments:

Post a Comment