Tuesday, May 1, 2018

To the Crow I Saw Yesterday Perched Upon a Street Sign That Read "Dead End": That is So Hot Topic



I'm curled up on my couch, my elbow hurts from being propped up reading or typing, and my armpits smell like actual garbage.

For tonight, I will just leave you with a favorite sentence that I've read. From Some Prefer Nettles by Jun'ichiro Tanizaki. 

(Seriously, folks. I know his stuff was written in the 1950s, but he had the psychological element of sensuality and sexuality down.)  

Translated from its original Japanese:



There were many who would have seen in such a mouth a winsome artlessness, but in honesty it could not have been called beautiful.
  



Be well; be loved. 




k.

(image: Hannah Cohoon. The Tree of Light or Blazing Tree. 1854 via magictransistor tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment