Thursday, May 10, 2018

Ode to the Beauty of a Stubborn Daddy's Boy


For years, and when things are right, I fall asleep with a small smile on my face. And, when I wake up, the smile- which is still there- spreads. I wake up excited for day in a way that is a child being curious about every potential that exists.

That has been last night.

That has been this morning.

Things are just easier when you believe in the impossible.

Something I heard during a lecture, that remains and continually proves to be true:

When your actions are inspired by love, you are able to do less while accomplishing more because nature is held together by the energy of love.

It is just, simply, true.


(pause)


I am looking forward to ferries and nature and art and conversation this weekend. I am looking forward to the sun, the air, and more of these nighttime smiles that lead into the next day.


be well; be loved,

k.

P.S. I have been reading some of the words of Lorenzo Herrera y Lozano, a Queer Xicano poet/activist.  The lectures and interviews have been serious and smart, sly and charming. Here is a quick poem by him that makes me blush on more than one occasion here )


(image: Marel van den berg via vjeranski tumblr)
(title: a wink to the poem I have linked, above, and to the stubbornness of everyone I love.)

No comments:

Post a Comment