Friday, April 8, 2016

The Angels That Arrive By The Chances That You Take


Sometimes it is hard to say goodbye to a friend who is moving away.  Sometimes it is harder, or odder to get your mind and heart around, when you know that it is fairly likely you will never see each other again.

It is remeniscent of when you were a child, and a friend's family was moving away which meant, of course, that your friend would be moving away with them.

But in adulthood, this type of goodbye feels more rare.

It's an odd feeling knowing that this person you hang out with every week will not be there anymore, but there is no death involved and there is no falling out.

I appreciate the experiences and the conversations that we had together.  There were a number of them. It will feel sad and good and a part of life.

I'm not sure how to tell you this, but you have moved me.  There is a gentleness underneath your toughness that I can relate to, and that I've needed to be around.

Thank you for bringing me a part of home, and for bringing that part of home around me each time that we hung out.

I love you for that. 

And while I'll miss you, I know that my life feels fuller because you were once here. 

Thank you for that.

Thank you for everything.



My love,

k.



(image: Gregor Gaida via Belazela Tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment