Saturday, February 27, 2016

In Praise of the Succubus

Surrounded by heaps of warm laundry, curled up on my bed on the first slow night in I can remember.  I love it. Catching up on cleaning, reading, music and a few television shows. It feels like months have gone by since being able to do this.

Today I ventured about the city with a friend to assist in looking for eyeglasses. It was fun. The best company and conversations.  The sun has been out and, along with it, all sorts of familiar and smiling faces.  In the past few days, I've been able to smell the first inklings of spring, and I can't wait.  Just the scent of the earth and the trees make my heart beat faster.

Things are getting back to how they need to be.  I am dreaming more.  There are more familiar and lifelike faces that visit me while I am asleep.

They say that it is through our dreams that we process and digest our days. It is when we subconsciously come up with a plan, and resolve the haze that blocks us from seeing what we need to see.

As things come into view behind my sleeping eyes, so does the world around me.

Here's to the forward-moving steps upon our paths as they come into view.


be well; be loved; be without any tension at all while laying atop a pile of warm laundry on a Saturday night,


k.

(image of a piece by Alberto Burri via unglaubwuerdig tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment