Saturday, October 25, 2014

The Clicks of My Teeth and the Smile of My Lips Around Them

The wind is whipping around like crazy, tonight.  I love it.  I've thrown my bedroom window open and the strength of its force is pushing the blades of my box fan as if it were on top speed.  The air smells like ice and spearmint, and it is exciting.  I don't mind that I have clothes on that leave my legs, arms, and shoulders exposed.  The contrast of the warmth of my body hitting the cold of the air is incredible.

Let the games begin.

(pause)

My reading and writing and search for new ideas has been continuing. I will admit to loving Twitter because of the brains and ideas I gain insight from.  Not just of world news, but of perspective and experience.  People who have an experience unlike mine- racially, class-wise, gender-wise, citizenship-wise, sexuality-wise and/or on and on~ put thoughts and perspectives out into the world that are crucial in and of themselves.  Crucial, also, in me learning, un-learning, re-learning...It truly offers continuous portions of knowledge and insight to grow from and understand.

Okay, I'm not talking about if the only people I were to follow were those of Hollywood la-la Land-- you get my point.  And that *is* my point:  We get to curate who and how and what we pay attention to.  Need it be said that some of the most relevant things, current event-wise, anyway, are almost always left out of U.S. news sources, yet flooding independent and/or international sources. Yes, I am embarrassed to say the verb or noun "tweet" out loud, but I still have to say that I love Twitter.

Moving on:

Life, its adventures, and the blue sheath dress I recently procured are currently
and indeed

electric.

k.

(image credit: Behavior of Waves, Berenice Abbott, 1960)
(experientially: I wrote this entry, as I am now, deciding to withstand the cold and violence of the wind lashing through my room until I have finished, entirely, every aspect of this entry.  Enjoyable to its depths. Here is to the denials of comfort so that we may see what they will pull from us: To be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment