Monday, February 4, 2019

Sex and the Red Room of Not Settling



So grateful that I didn't have to go into work today.

Instead, it has been coffee and baths and slow cooked meals and homework and reflecting on the last 72 hours of magic. I am so grateful and I am so excited for more of it as it unfolds.

(interlude)

Dear What I Wouldn't Settle For,

Your beautiful smile and teeth and eyebrows recede into the past. Sadly, steadily, truthfully.

While they evaporate, I hear this clip of this song over and over again and it makes me think of you:

You can bring a bullet
bring a sword 
bring a morgue

but you can't bring the truth to me

(interlude over)


Here is to the best kind of honesty:

To the magic of the mind, heart, body and everything in between.

The view from here is breathtaking
and all who share it with me are
in fact

what creates the view in the first place.




be well; be loved,

k.

(lyrics: Kendrick Lamar from All the Stars)
(image: William Eggleston via lecollecteur tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment