Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Only Thing Clean is My Underwear: An Unexpected Meditation in the Forest

It's 10 am and I am far away from home and two things are certain:  I am wearing roughly the same clothes as yesterday evening, and I am- without a doubt- the first person who ordered a pizza when Domino's opened at 10. 

These are the things that dreams and misfortune are made of: It's up to you to decide which as befallen you.

(pause)

I'm in an empty and flimsy office space.  It's cold as fuck in here, but the box of pizza on my lap is doing a good job of keeping me warm.

Things have remained at that level of good/odd/good, and I'm okay with that. It's a bit more adventure than I'm used to for this time of year, but that's nothing to complain about.

Art collaborations are coming along.  My body is waking up again. 

(pause)

I'm off to eat my dessert of 10:45 am peanut M&M's.

In the meantime, read this article called What We're Getting Wrong about Dissociation because it is important and on point.

be well; be loved; be warm



k.

(photo: Robert Mapplethorpe in NYC, 1969)

No comments:

Post a Comment