Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Respective Perspective

Roughly 2:01 am, and I can't sleep.  Too much on my mind, too much sugar in my blood. Had an enjoyable conversation about horrible things with someone I arguably should have hung out with years ago.  Everything in it's own time, as they say, and tonight was just the night for a long conversation hidden away in the corner of a dark bar.  (The kind of bar with those brightly colored candles-in-their-own-holders lighting their tables. The kind of candles found on back porches in the summer time.)

Anyway, what I remembered tonight is that context is everything:  What looks bad from one angle, can look like a drop in the bucket from another.

It's all relative.

(pause)

I'd like to give a shout out to all of the union people in my life- in this state, and all the others.  The thing that strikes me most about you (us) is that you're some of the only people, in these parts anyway, who know what it is to fucking share, and know what it is to not shame people around class and money.  (Unless their rich as fuck and not sharing.  Then, shame away.)

And lastly: Thank you to the wide smile that let me tuck her in like a maniac tonight.

At risk of sounding like The Creepy Guy at the Bus Stop:

You're so pretty when you smile.


-k.


P.S. I am over my quoting famous people phase. Now I will be quoting random people.  Like the man working at Fred Myer on the north end at 7 AM who said, "I'm not afraid to be cool.  I can't wait until my daughter starts high school. I'll be like 'Oh! You want to wear booty shorts to school? Well what do you know? *I* want to wear booty shorts, too." Thank you for existing, and I fully hope that you follow through on your words in actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment