Thursday, May 5, 2022

The Water I Pour Over Me

 

I recently read a book of love poems written by Bertolt Brecht. 

They were not very good. 

There was one that was okay.

 I will put it, here:

 

When I Left You, Afterwards...

 

When I left you, afterwards

On that great today

I saw nothing, when I began

To see, but gaiety.

 

Since that evening, that hour

You know the one I mean

Livelier is my stride and more

Beautiful this mouth of mine.


Greener are, now that I feel,

Meadow, bush and tree,

The water is more lovely cool

That I pour over me. 

 

 --Bertolt Brecht (I don't know the specific year)



You see what I mean.  It's okay. I like the last two lines.

In other news, I have been having that particular stripe of gender dysphoria, again. That kind that leaves me dressed in roughly a three piece suit, but with my fingers painted a bright, popsicle red-orange and the tiniest strawberry decal on my left index finger. Tie wear and thigh harnesses. 

It is springtime, but there will forever be the quasi-uniformed femmey boy who occupies my genders. 


be well; be loved,


k.

(Image: Pierre Molinier, Sans titre 1960, via fiac tumblr)

(Title: Line of the aforementioned Brecht poem that was okay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment