Sunday, April 25, 2021

Snow on My Headlights and Other Euphemisms of My Current Reality

 

For the record: 

Somehow, it fits with my life that this weekend I would end up sitting in the living room of a person who I have known casually for over a decade and they would tell me, in earnest seriousness and out of nowhere, that they wanted to do cocaine off of my nipples. 

There are so many stupid and wrong things with this moment but, somehow, my life has this funny way of offering wild, shock-based relief to any type of sadness I may be feeling. 

People write what they want to see:  

From The Unforgiving Person to that of The Party Girl.  

Both miss the mark completely; both leave me blinking and thinking

Have you ever even met me?

 

The answer in some cases 

technically

is no.

 

 

be well; be loved,

k. 

(image: Xiao Wen Ju photo by Fan Xin for Maric Claire China Dec 2020)

No comments:

Post a Comment