Thursday, September 10, 2020

The Child I Do Not Have Pulling on the Skirt I Do Not Wear




What I love about nights like this is everything about nights like this.  The nights of in between: When my bare legs are entangled with themselves and I have a candle burning on my bookshelf, even though I will have to be up and out the door by 1:15am.

I know when you're trying to communicate with me. I can feel it in the air and in the electricity in, of all places, my toes. Steady may not have won this race, but people usually know exactly where I stand.

It's always amused me, in the most parental of ways, how those that love me as unpredictable have always inked me onto their short list of the people they can always count on.

As within, so without: It's never been unpredictability so much as the commitment to not do shit I don't want to do unless I truly believe it will deepen this world and the connection among the people within it.  

Turns out, it's a pretty good compass to use.



k.

(image via alinascrapbook tumblr)


No comments:

Post a Comment