Tuesday, April 23, 2019

From Out of the Forest



There are a lot of things I feel grateful for.  This room, that is not mine, lit by a salt lamp and with birds chirping outside of its window is one of them.

At random, some updates:

The last few weeks were held by the strongest, gentlest arms.  I'm not really sure how she did it. It was one of those events in life where, if someone were to ask you what you need or don't need, you'd have no idea how to answer.

A few weeks left to go and this year of grad school will officially come to a close. I have enjoyed and loved this semester, although nothing will ever quite take the place of the first.

This year at the trilingual event, I met people who matter. Sometimes the world blows my mind with where, who and how it places people in your path who will mentor and support you. From grandmas with big hearts, to people who know the ropes you will need to climb and are holding them steady for you as you embark on uncertain excitement.

(pause)

In other news, I have been reading.  More impactfully, I've been into Timbaland posting videos of him completely feeling beats he has made. If you get a chance, head over to his instagram @ timbaland. Look for any video where the still is a close up of his face. It's the best. (Particularly into the April 15th one).

There is more to say. Things that are so much deeper and perhaps obscure but, for now, I just have to scratch the surface.  It has been a while, and the fingers that I feel in this moment are my own.


be well; be loved,

k.

(Into the Trees, April 2019 via secretcinema1 tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment