Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Your Diamonds and Your Pyramids: A Smudging




I've been listening to Chad Lawson's A Grave Mistake album. Mostly piano with some other effects that was composed to accompany a particular episode of a particular podcast.  The episode mostly revolved around people who were accidentally buried alive.  I believe that you will like it.  You, who listens to mostly non-lyric'ed albums by candlelight. Sure, it is on Spotify, but Lawson's website also offers the option to buy it on vinyl. Even the art on the cover is good. Or, at least, stereotypically me.

One word on the podcast it is connected to:  I want to believe the hype about Lore.  I saw the art on the front of the book (which came after the podcast and a series that was just made on Amazon based on the podcast), and this is how it ended up on my radar.  I listened to a few episodes.  The narrator and creator of it seems a bit too self conscious of his cleverness that isn't really that clever.  The topics are researched, but not as well researched as other programs or books are or can be. I'm curious what you think but, to me, it reads like a gothy version of Sex and the City. Each episode- and here I will admit listening to only eight or so of the 18 minute-ish episodes- the narrator seems to ask a question or make a statement in the same cadence that Carrie Bradshaw would while staring at her computer screen and blinking cursor.

In any case, as with anything in life:  It was worth it for what it lead me to which, in this case, is this album.

[Here is the Spotify Link]

It is something to read to. Something to write to. Something to paint to. Something to think to. Something to calm to. And, my favorite from last week, something to drive through 40-to-60 mile per hour winds in the rain across a bridge at night to.


Be well; be loved.


k.

(image: Vincenzo Agnetti, Free-hand photograph, 1974 Osart Gallery, Milano....via giampxxx tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment