Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Perking of My Ears

Good morning, world. It's 9:22 am on my morning to sleep in a bit. I woke up, earlier, to the sweetest text and sentiment. It's incredible how the timing of such things can inform your day.

Now I'm here, armed with coffee and a sesame bagel (Toasted. Tahini and avocados. Sprinkled with nutritional yeast and black cracked pepper.), typing away before getting out of my pile of blankets and spread, bleached sheets to get to work at eleven.

One of the things I've been appreciating, lately, is the sound of gravel crunching in the morning in the alley beyond my bedroom window.  Cars sleepily sneaking through the alley to the main road in hopes of a shortcut to repay their snooze bar struggles.

I wish them luck.



k.

(image sun is out/ Lisboa via Manoomantero tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment