Thursday, September 17, 2015

Tailored Comfort

It's raining outside. Pouring.

This afternoon is one of those rare, deep-warm pockets of time where I have gotten off of work early, and come directly home.  While I listen to the busses and cars go by- the running steps of people trapped in the rain- I am here: in slippers and thin pajama pants; a sweatshirt and hair tied and piled atop my head.  There is water about to boil for tea.  I'm thinking something with cinnamon and orange and spice.

My lower back hurts a bit, but my lips are in a slight, continuous smile.  It's so good to be home.

(The whistle of the kettle. A moment, please.)

The steam from my mug a foot away is exactly what is needed. The smell of the leaves and the spices and the heat surrounding me.

The past many months- since January to be more or less exact- I have been working towards some things that will make me happy.  Things that will continue to give me a feeling of accomplishment. Not in the superficial, typical ways that are pumped out and around in the world- but in a way that matters. To me, to those around me, and,  in whatever small way- to you.

It feels right. It feels strange. It feels like exactly the right time for it to happen.

I hope you're well out there. I hope you have an afternoon like this one some day soon, when luck arrives on your side dressed exactly as you need her to be.



be well; be loved,


k.

(image: via n01re tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment