Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Release and Thirst : An Exercise in the Stripping Away of Excess and Ettiquette (Springtime Edition)

Things are so strangely directed as of late.

Difficult, fun, exciting, challenging: All at once.

One of the things I've been most happy about is home. Well, the physical one I reside in, but also the little nest of support and love that the person I live with have infused it with, too.

These things matter.

(pause)

Recently, I received an absolutely brilliant story from a friend of mine, who turned his story into a beautiful and exactly-detailed zine. I've asked him to make a short handful of them to send to me so that I can pass them on.  It's *that* kind of good: The kind that makes you think that people are missing out on a crucial part of life if they don't get their hands on it.  And so, you  make sure you get your own hands on it in order to pass it along to hands you care about- both known and unknown.

(pause)

It is springtime, and it is day.

And although I aimed to avoid all of the typical ways that spring is talked about and described I will say, simply:

The proverbial cleaning,
the discarding or simply not-allowing of the bad kind of bad treatment and filth to fill my halls and corners,
feels and smells as fresh as my fingernails after pinching the skin of a sun-shined lemon.

It is springtime, and soon enough, it will be night.

(pause)


be well
be loved
be willing to let your teeth sink into that which you must have.

Surely it is only but yourself

that keeps you

from having it.



-k.

[Listen to the music of this, and WRITE. See what comes out of you. For me. Because. An Exemplary Case of Love Without Respite]

(image: Inside Christian Dior Haute Couture via notordinaryfashion tumblr)

No comments:

Post a Comment