Saturday, February 28, 2015

Taste My Mouth: It is Something Between Cherry Blossoms, and You


Spring is here and, with it, everything blooms.

It is strange to think how different my life was, even two months ago.

The weight of a snow I did not see

sliding off of my shoulders

and onto the floor.

A sloppy, heavy crust that falls from my body

to be met by the sun that stings tears to my eyes with the beauty of its brightness.

Let me tell you something:

When you surround yourself with people who inspire the shit out of you
people you truly admire
who you want to be like
who make you want to be better
all of the time



Things change.


k.

(image: Cy Twombly, detail of Untitled, Lexington, 2001. Wood, plastic, pulp and printed paper, plaster, synthetic resin paint, and acrylic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment