Thursday, August 7, 2014

To Be On Top of the World

A few nights ago, I watched Luis Buñuel's The Exterminating Angel (1962) for the first time. Described to me as a representation of Franco's Spain, with a focus on the ruling class of Spain at that time, I really enjoyed it.  There are, of course, surrealist aspects of it (Buñuel hung out with Dalí and García Lorca back when...), but I find them to accentuate the points he is making in profound, comical, not comical ways.  I'm actually thinking of watching it again in a few nights. 

In the meantime, I'm gearing up for the next step part of a larger plan that excites and ignites me.  Here is to keeping with momentum, and letting teenage dreams fall to the wayside for the time being.

There is work to be done, and hidden hands to dirty.

k.

No comments:

Post a Comment