Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"No Gods, No Mattress"

I have taken to living like my childhood dog, Honey. I had gotten rid of my bed a few months back and never got a new one. Instead, I've taken to a pile of blankets and a pillow. Every time I enter my bedroom, I have three thoughts that run through my head: 1) I am a horrible host for dates. 2) I am a fucking brilliant host for dates. 3) Didn't Honey used to have a bed like this?"

While I could come up with socially acceptable reasons for not having a bed (i.e. "oh, it's better for your back" blah blah blah), they would all be bullshit. The truth of the matter is that- without a bed- my bedroom looks more like a carpeted dance floor - plain and simple.


This morning's choice was Lil Wayne's "A Milli". Repeat times four. I leave my bedroom flush-faced with slight rug burn on my toes, and I am ready to face the day. In fact, I would argue that today was one of the best I have had in a long, long time.



Be well, be loved,


K.


This morning ritual of mine is roughly portrayed in these two visuals, if one could combine them and, of course, airbrush out the mattresses:



and

this one



(Photo credit: Eau D'Bedroom Dancing by crystalwrists as can be found on Deviant ART)
(Video credit: Well, you know where.)

Additional audio representation= Morrissey's version of T-Rex's "Cosmic Dancer":

here


Title credit to the person who writes the zine "No Gods, No Mattress" which is a play on "No Gods, No Masters", the age-old anarchist slogan.

1 comment:

  1. there was a time period where i was sleeping on an air mattress in my living room every night. my excuse was that it was easier to fall asleep, the truth is that sometimes permanent fixtures make me feel nervous.

    ReplyDelete