Monday, December 28, 2009

"Because of the Forts We Built and the Things We Did Inside Them"

A basic reminder to myself:

I read to have my mind changed. To have my mind and ideas impacted by the words of everything from stories written in Chile a hundred years ago, to notes scribbled in margins of letters written by strangers that surface, mysteriously, in the attics of old houses.

I write for escape, survival, and love. Within this understanding, I write because language and images can and do change the world: These are not the words of a seeping poet; this is the truth that any propaganda machine will tell you. My pen and fingers ache to pour out flowers so as to strangle these machines- to create worlds and realities that are pungent with collectivity, collaboration, mischief, love, and the struggles that exist by definition and design of these things.

(pause)

"Our position is that of combatants between two worlds: One that we don't acknowledge; the other that does not yet exist." -- Raoul Vaneigem



Be well; Be loved,

k.


















*************************
(photo: Taken from the 2nd floor of Cindergarden almost 1 year ago)


Title: Line from the poem "Why" by Bob Flanagan (thank you for existing and for writing your existence).

thank you

2 comments:

  1. "I write for escape, survival, and love."
    "My pen and fingers ache to pour out flowers so as to strangle these machines- to create worlds and realities that are pungent with collectivity, collaboration, mischief, love, and the struggles that exist by definition and design of these things."
    I've been re-reading this for days and still can't really get over the beauty of the lines i referenced above. Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My pen and fingers ache to pour out flowers so as to strangle these machines- to create worlds and realities that are pungent with collectivity, collaboration, mischief, love, and the struggles that exist by definition and design of these things."

    im pumping my fist in the air to this.

    ReplyDelete