Monday, May 11, 2009

Raphael Saadiq and the Ring Around My Heart

I've been listening to a lot of R&B and looking at the tops of trees lately and, in this moment, have Dwele's "Find A Way" stuck in my head.

In any case... I've been thinking about Derrida again.  Not his hair or his pants, but rather some of his ideas related to language and meaning.  They have been keeping me company lately: wrapping their strange warmth around my shoulders into a hug and, when I'm least expecting it, placing their fingers on my chin to tilt my head in a different direction in order to look at the world in a different way. Again.

There has been a strong theme of reconciliation going on lately.  People popping up out of nowhere.  I will be staring off into space, only to realize I am staring at the sky through the spread fingers of a friend from another chapter standing right in front of me.  It startles me for a second but, in the end, seems so obvious and right- in a simple way.

I am learning. Growing. Listening to R & B.  

What else is new?


No comments:

Post a Comment