Thursday, July 12, 2018

Touché: When Your Love is Swapped Out for a Sandwich Board and a Painting of Boobs



His pupil, too, listened within himself, saw fragments of lines of notes before him, saw something moving, something stepping, dancing, and hovering, and tried to perceive and read the movement as if it were the curves in the line of a bird's flight.

--Hermann Hesse; The Glass Bead Game 


Okay, so, remember when I said a while ago that I was working on an art piece to mail to my friend E?  Well, I finished it, wrote a letter with it, and sent it out last Friday.

I am *the worst* at keeping surprises when it is me trying to surprise someone.  But somehow I knew that it would be important to keep it a surprise. Somehow I knew the timing was right even though the gift was almost 9 months overdue.

Today she posted a photo of the piece on her Instagram with such a beautiful message, but sent a separate message to me that made me absolutely cry. It included the sentence: I'm going through the roughest time of my life and this came at the most absolutely divine moment.

How is it that you make someone something to show your love and appreciation of them and somehow you end up getting exactly that in return?

On one hand: No idea.

On the other hand: All of the idea in the world.

Be good to each other out there:

Be brave. Love hard.

It matters. So do you.




be well; be loved,

k.

(photo taken by me, tonight, sitting where she was that night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment