Thursday, August 6, 2026

The Company You Hired to Clean Up the Mess

 

 

This weekend X and I went on our secret little biannual routine that I won't mention but that ends with Thai food and driving fast cars that I will mention. I won't lie: A Rivian goes fucking FAST if it wants to. 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. Total asshole/pussy clencher and don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. 

It was a good time, as always.

 (pause)

A bit ago, Petty Officer and I hosted some friends to come over before going to an art show and I have to say that I am slowly breaking my habit of cultivating the home of a 13-year-old boy. No one sat on milk crates, I had enough glasses for everyone there, and I had napkins of sorts as opposed to what I refer to as a "slob blanket" which is a shower-sized towel that you can put on your lap and wipe your hands on as you eat before throwing it in the washer. (In defense of the slob blanket: Not only is it environmentally friendly, but I will have you know that I've had more than a few people pick up on the habit.)

What can I say? 

A long time ago I heard a binary stereotype: Women keep their rooms spectacularly clean yet their cars looking like an actual trashcan on wheels; men meticulously detail their cars yet have their mattresses held up on cinder blocks. 

While my gender(s) don't fit exactly into this framework, I will say only that my car is almost obsessively clean yet I do not own cinder blocks. 

I will be taking no questions at this time.

 

Be well, be loved,

 

k.  

 

 

 [image credit: Hoyoun Lee via Unsplash]

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment